Samsung soundbars with subwoofers are extremely popular on the market. They are simple for setting up and are are pocket-friendly and provide a great audio quality compared to standard television speakers. At various events it is commonplace for people to use soundbars instead of surround-sound system configurations. But, regardless of whether you are using headphones, earphones and speakers , these audio devices will eventually encounter minor issues which can be resolved quickly with a simple reset.
I have written a number of instructions on resetting the soundbar and speakers. However, in this article I’ll explain how to reset your Samsung soundbars that have subwoofers. Instead of purchasing a new soundbar, you can try reset it. If you have a small problem the issue should be fixed quickly.
What is the reason we should change the settings on the soundbar?
If you are using any device for long periods of time it is quite typical to experience some problems. For the case of a Samsung soundbar, a few of the following issues could develop in time:
- The soundbar is not connected to your television.
- The soundbar is not connected with the subwoofer.
- The soundbar connects to an Bluetooth device but will not play audio or play music.
- Troubles in replacing an old remote with a more modern remote.
- The quality of sound decreases each when you play it and there’s no way to recovering that sound quality without reseting it.
- You’ve made some modifications to the factory settings of your device, and you’re required be able to restore it.
Things To Do Prior to Resetting Soundbar
Before you begin the process of resetting the soundbar, take certain steps to ensure that the soundbar is in good condition to be reset.
- Conduct a thorough diagnostic check of the soundbar to determine what is not working properly with the soundbar.
- If there’s nothing wrong with the soundbar itself, make sure that you disconnect it from power sources and allow it to cool down.
- If you’re using a soundbar equipped with the remote, verify that the remote functions in a proper manner. If not, disconnect your TV from it and verify.
How do reset Samsung subwoofer and soundbar (Easy)
If you have an all-purpose soundbar, there are a few common methods to reset the device. In general there are three simple steps to reset your Samsung subwoofer and soundbar.
- In the event that the Samsung soundbar is on, you must shut it off in order for it to be reset. You can shut it off with the remote, and in the event that it isn’t equipped with a remote. You can turn it off by using the designated controls on the speaker.
- After you have turned off the soundbar, press it down with the Pause/Play and powerbutton until the soundbar shows ‘ INIT OK.‘
- Turn on your soundbar and attempt connecting it to your TV.
- How do I reset my Samsung soundbar using remote
If you have an Samsung soundbar that has remote control, you can quickly change the settings of your soundbar. These are the steps to reset the soundbar using the remote:
- Hold and press both the buttons for Volume Downand the Power Off and Volume Downbuttons simultaneously for approximately 10 seconds. It should begin to show a blue screen.
- If you get your blue-colored screen go into the Settingsand Setupyour soundbar.
- How do I reset my Samsung soundbar with remote
This is the ideal method for soundbars that do not have the remote since it is possible to reset the soundbar through the command to reset via the menu on your TV.
- Switch on your television and then wait for a few minutes until you can see that blue-colored screen.
- Now then, hit on the power + volume up button for around 10 seconds.
- The TV will turn on, and after a short period of time the screen will return to normal mode.
- This method is only applicable to soundbars that the remote of your TV can manage. If your soundbar cannot control remotely then you’ll have to repeat the steps above unplug it, allow it to cool, then connect all of your cables before trying the method once more.
[*BONUS] How To Hard Reset Samsung Soundbar
Many might think that performing an unintentional reset of your Samsung soundbar to default settings is a complicated process, but it’s more simple than you imagine and can be accomplished in under one minute. Follow these steps to perform a hard reset on your Samsung soundbars:
- You can turn on the soundbar with the power On/Off button. Additionally, you can utilize the remote control, or the dedicated button.
- Hold and press on the button Power button on either the soundbar or on the remote control.
- Keep pressing on the power button till you can see”init OK” ” INIT OK” message.
- The soundbar should begin to turn on, and that’s it.
When your soundbar is again on, you’ll be required to connect all of your devices once more, focusing on Bluetooth devices. Also, look over the settings to determine any personalization you’d like to make.
The methods above to reset the soundbar are suitable for all Samsung soundbars. As always I would strongly advise you to read the user’s manual that came in the box. If you don’t have the manual then you can always locate this on the manufacturers web site.