Snapchat Dark Mode is a popular app for sharing short videos and photos. You can also chat within the app. Snapchat currently has more than 319 million users around the world. India has more than 74 million users and is second only to the US. With 108 million users, India is the leader. These numbers are far below those of competitors like Facebook, and Tik Tok. Snapchat is very popular with youths because it has many features such as snaps, stories and custom stories.
You’ve probably noticed over the years how many apps have added dark themes or dark modes to their apps if you have been a long-time smartphone user. Snapchat users are used to asking for Snapchat Dark Modes on their app. Snapchat took a while to release this feature. The company first introduced the dark mode feature to iOS users in May 2021.
Android users still have to wait for the official rollout. However, there are several ways to enable dark mode on Android. Snapchat Dark Mode will have the advantage of reducing power consumption on phones with AMOLED screens. This will prevent any eye strain. This guide will show you how to get dark mode on both iOS and Android devices.
Turning on Snapchat dark mode in iOS Mobile
You can turn on dark mode in Snapchat using the iOS app. This is done with just a few steps.
- Open Snapchat on your iPhone
- Tap the Bitmoji icon at the top left of your screen (profile photo).
- Click on the Settings icon in the upper right corner
- Tap on “App Appearance” under the “My Account” settings.
- Choose the “Always Dark” option from this menu
- Your Snapchat app will be turned on
You can also set it to “Match System” if you wish, which will match your iOS appearance settings.
How to turn on Snapchat Dark Mode in Android
Snapchat does not have an in-app setting to enable dark mode, just like iPhones. To enable dark mode, we will use a setting in the display settings. These steps are only applicable to OnePlus, Oppo and Reamle smartphones.
- Open Settings
- Visit “Display and Brightness”.
- Click on “Dark mode settings”.
- Tap on “Dark mode (Beta), third-party apps”
- Scroll down to enable the toggle for Snapchat
- Snapchat will apply dark mode to its app
Note – We tested this method with OnePlus, Oppo and Vivo phones. It worked flawlessly. If you have another phone, you can follow the same steps. However, if this fails, you can use our below-mentioned procedure to enable dark mode.
How to turn on dark mode on any Android phone
You can force the dark mode to be enabled on any smartphone other than Oppo, OnePlus and Vivo. Follow the steps below:
- Open Settings
- Go to “About Phone”
- Scroll down to find “Build number”.
- Tap the Build number seven more times per minute
- A toast message will be sent to you stating “You are now a developer.”
- Return to Settings
- Click on System to tap on the Developer options
- Scroll down to find the “override Force-dark” option
- Turn on the toggle to enable the option
- After this has been enabled, your Snapchat app will switch to dark mode
The override force dark option will invert your phone’s colour scheme and all apps will have dark text with bright colours. This will affect all apps, not just the Snapchat app.
Note The Snapchat app has changed its theme to dark after the update. The only way to get this feature is to use an older version of Snapchat. You can do this by visiting APK Mirror or another trusted APK download site to download Snapchat version 10.72.0.0 for your smartphone. After you have installed the app, follow these steps to enable dark mode in Snapchat.