Billboard advertising is a great way to reach a large audience quickly and effectively. However, it’s important to make sure that your ads are well-designed and effective to get the most out of this type of marketing. Join us today as we discuss some tips and tricks for boosting your billboard ads and generating more leads and sales.
What Is Billboard Advertising and How Does It Work?
Billboard advertising is a type of outdoor advertising that features large, usually digital, signs and boards. These are typically placed along high-traffic areas, such as highways and busy city streets. Billboard ads are designed to grab attention and create a lasting impression on viewers.
One of the great things about billboard advertising is that it offers a wide reach. For example, Portland billboards can be seen by thousands of people every day. Making this marketing method an ideal option for businesses that want to generate awareness quickly. Plus, billboard ads are relatively affordable when compared to other types of marketing, such as TV or radio ads.
Types of Billboards
When considering this method of marketing. Know that there are two main types of billboards to choose from. These are:
- Traditional Billboards: These are the most common type of billboards. They’re usually made from paper or vinyl and feature static images.
- Digital Billboards: As the name suggests, digital billboards feature digital displays that can show animated or video content. This type of billboard is becoming increasingly popular as they offer more flexibility and creativity when it comes to designing your ad.
Best Locations for Billboard Advertising Campaigns
When it comes to choosing the best location for your digital billboard, there are a few things to keep in mind. First, you want to make sure that the billboard is placed in a high-traffic area. This will help ensure that more people see your ad. Second, you want to choose a location that’s relevant to your target audience.
For example, if you’re targeting Portland, Oregon businesses, placing your billboard near the Convention Center or Portland Airport would be ideal. If you’re looking for more Portland billboards locals, here are some places to check out:
- Portland Airport
- Jantzen Beach Center
- Lloyd District
Tips for Boosting Your Billboard Ads
Now that we’ve covered the basics of what this marketing entails, let’s take a look at some tips and tricks for creating effective billboard ads.
- Use strong visuals: Billboard ads are all about catching attention. So, make sure to use bright colors, strong images, and eye-catching fonts.
- Keep it simple: Don’t try to cram too much information into your ad. Stick to one message or call-to-action and make it easy for viewers to understand.
- Think outside the box: Be creative with your ad design and think outside the traditional rectangular shape.
Additional Tricks for Designing Better Billboards
Now that you have the advantage of wanting to boost your billboard ads. Here are more ways you can use those tips above to design better billboard promotions.
- Use contrasting colors: This will help your ad stand out against the surrounding environment.
- Use typography to grab attention: Bold and interesting fonts can help grab attention and keep it focused on your ad.
- Use motion: If possible, use motion graphics or animation in your ad to further capture attention.
- Think locally: Looking at our example locally again, Portland billboards are especially effective when they feature local content that is relevant to viewers in the area.
How Can You Make Sure That Your Billboard Ads Are Effective?
The best way to gauge the effectiveness of your billboard ads is to track your leads and sales. If you see an increase in traffic or sales after launching your ad campaign, then you know that your billboards are working.
You can also ask customers how they heard about your business. This will give you a better idea of which marketing channels are most effective. Finally, don’t forget to identify your personalized goals that can help measure the return on investment (ROI). This will help you determine whether or not billboard advertising is a worthwhile investment for your business.
Final Thoughts: Other Marketing Methods With Billboards
While billboards are a great way to reach a large audience quickly, they work best when used in conjunction with other marketing methods. For example, you can include your website address or social media handle on your billboard ad to drive traffic to your online platforms.
You can also use QR codes on smaller billboards to allow viewers to instantly access more information about your product or service. Billboard ads can be found in a variety of locations such as: on the side of a building, on the side of a bus, or even on the back of a truck.
No matter what method you choose, remember to keep your messaging clear and concise. Most importantly, make sure that your ad is relevant to your target audience. With these tips in mind, you’re well on your way to designing effective billboard ads that will help boost your business.