It’s that time of the year again! Christmas is just around the corner, and it’s time to start thinking about what you’re going to get for all your friends and loved ones. Of course, every gift needs a little something special in order to make it stand out from any other gifts they might receive. It’s also important that you find gifts that are going to be appreciated by the person receiving them. If you’ve got a friend or family member who has a refined taste when it comes to beer then this article will help you out!
If you’re looking for a unique and thoughtful Christmas gift, you may be considering sending a craft beer gift box. But is this really a good idea? On the plus side, craft beer is a great way to show your loved ones that you’re thinking of them. It’s also a nice way to support local breweries.
So what’s the verdict? Ultimately, it’s up to you. If you think your recipient would appreciate a unique and delicious craft beer, then go for it! Just be sure to factor in the cost of shipping and the potential risks before you make your final decision.
Types of Beer to Consider Sending as Gifts
When it comes to giving the gift of beer, there are many different types to choose from. If you’re not sure what type of beer to send as a Christmas gift, here are a few different types to consider:
- IPA: India Pale Ales are a popular style of beer that is known for their hoppy flavor. If you know someone who loves IPA, then sending them a couple of bottles or cans as a gift is sure to be a hit!
- Stout: Stouts are another popular type of beer that tends to be darker in color and have a richer flavor. They’re perfect for colder weather and make a great gift for someone who enjoys a hearty beer.
- Amber Ale: Amber Ales is a great middle-of-the-road option when it comes to gifting beer. They’re not too heavy or light, and they have a nice balance of malt and hops.
- Wheat Beer: Wheat beers are perfect for summertime sipping and make an excellent gift for someone who enjoys a refreshing beer. From hefeweizens to witbiers, there’s sure to be a wheat beer that your recipient will love!
- Specialty Beer: You might be looking for a gift to celebrate a major occasion, or you might just want to give the gift of beer to someone who has always fantasized about owning their own brewery. Either way, consider purchasing a specialty beer kit. There are dozens of kits, both for gifts and for home-brewers alike. These kits come with everything needed to make the perfect beer right at home, and they even include detailed instructions and recipes on how to brew your own!
- Beer Tasting Tickets: If your recipient loves beer but hasn’t ever been able to attend his or her local craft beer festival, then it’s time to treat them! Give them tickets to their local beer fest so they can enjoy adventurous new beers.
Craft Beers That Make Great Gifts
The holidays are a great time to give the gift box of six craft beers. There are so many great options out there, and it’s a gift that any beer lover is sure to appreciate. Here are just a few of the many craft beers that make great gifts:
- Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale: This festive ale is perfect for any holiday gathering. It’s got a nice balance of hops and malt, and it’s sure to please even the most discerning beer drinker.
- Deschutes Jubelale: This winter ale is perfect for those who like their beer on the darker side. It’s got a rich flavor that’s perfect for sipping by the fire.
- New Belgium Accumulation White IPA: This unique beer is perfect for those who like to experiment with new styles. It’s a white IPA that’s packed with flavor, and it’s sure to be a hit with anyone who loves hoppy beers.
- Stone Enjoy By 12/25/17 Unfiltered IPA: This is the perfect gift for anyone who loves fresh, juicy IPAs. It’s got all the hop flavor you could ever want, and it’s only available for a limited time.
Alternatives to Sending a Beer as a Gift
If you’re looking for alternatives to sending a beer as a Christmas gift, here are a few ideas:
- Send a gift card to a local brewery or beer-related business.
- Make a donation to a charity that supports the beer industry.
- Buy some beer-themed merchandise from your favorite brewery or online retailer.
- Plan a trip to visit a brewery or attend a beer festival together.
- Give the gift of your time by volunteering at a local brewery or helping out with a beer-related event.
If you’re stuck on what to get someone for Christmas, why not try a unique and thoughtful gift like craft beer? Not only is it a great way to support local businesses, but your recipient is sure to appreciate the thoughtfulness of your gift. Just be sure to include a card so they know who to thank!