People can benefit from being in constant communication with their loved ones and friends when they use social networks. However, there is a potential for a drawback to accompany any advantage. Have you ever wondered how you may view your Instagram feed in private without your friends and followers being aware that you are online? how to appear offline on Instagram? When you don’t necessarily want to be in contact with people but you still make yourself visible online, this can create a bit of an issue. In these circumstances, social networks like Instagram provide us with the ability to disable our online status through the use of specific built-in functions. People can browse their feeds without getting new messages thanks to this feature, which contributes to the protection of their privacy.
Instagram will remember the time and date of your most recent visit to the app, and this feature is enabled by default. If you have just logged into your Instagram account, other users will be able to see the time that you were most recently active on the platform thanks to new functionality. On Instagram, the timestamp of your most recent activity is visible to anyone who follows you or with whom you have direct chats.
If you are the type of person who loves to fly under the radar when surfing social media, then you will want to know how to appear offline on Instagram, as well as Instagram’s most recent activity status function.
You now have something called an “activity status” that keeps track of the number of minutes or hours that have passed since the last time you signed into Instagram, and when you do check back in, it displays the time that you are now online. If you are currently engaged in some activity, you will be labeled as “active now.” This function is accessible within Instagram as well as through Instagram Direct, which serves as the inbox for the messages you receive within the app. This can be unpleasant since it will result in other people sending you new messages simply because they see that you are online.
However, if you don’t want other people to know when you’re online in real-time, you have the option on Instagram to turn off the activity status. This will prevent other people from seeing you when you are online.
Do you wish to learn how to appear offline on Instagram? If that is the case, then you have arrived at the right location to be in. Instagram makes it very simple to turn off the online status feature on your account. In this Instagram how-to, we will demonstrate how to appear offline on Instagram so that you can check your application without disturbing anyone else.
How to adjust the settings so that other people can see your Instagram activity status
On Instagram, your Activity Status will be activated by default, and the app does not provide any kind of message or warning regarding this setting in any way. The good news is that you are free to turn it off and on whenever you like, and we will demonstrate how to do so. You can update your activity status by adhering to these straightforward instructions:
- Open Instagram on your mobile device (it doesn’t matter if it’s an Android or an iOS device), and then press on the icon that represents your profile in the bottom-right corner of the screen. This will get you started.
- After that, you’ll need to hit the menu icon that looks like three horizontal lines in the upper-right corner of your screen, and after that, you’ll need to tap the Settings button.
- You are now going to find yourself in the general settings for your Instagram account. The Privacy option, which may be found in the center of your screen, is the one that we are looking for.
- When you go to Privacy, you’ll see several various settings that you may adjust about the visibility of your account and other things after you’ve gone there. The Activity Status app is the one that we want to make use of so that we can appear offline on Instagram.
- Now, a brief explanation will appear informing you that, if you turn it off, no one will be able to see your activity, but you also won’t be able to see anyone else’s. If you are sure that you want to continue, all you have to do is tap the button to turn it off. To conceal your online activity, slide the circle that appears in the “Show activity status” box to the right, and to reveal it, slide it to the left.
If you are accessing Instagram from a computer browser rather than a mobile browser, the following steps will apply
- You can access Instagram’s website through the browser on either your desktop computer or mobile device.
- Simply select Settings from the drop-down menu that appears after clicking the menu button.
- Uncheck the box next to the option that says Display Activity Status while you are in the Privacy & Security menu.
- As a consequence of this, you will be able to turn off Instagram’s activity status if you follow the instructions up above. If you have more than one Instagram account, you will need to go into each account and disable the function there before you can use Instagram again.