This post contains all the important details about Public Storm Warning #1 Sign; please read.
Are you looking for the most recent information on tropical storm warnings and other related issues? You have come to the right place. The international name for the Cyclone is Severe Tropical Storm Rai. It is also locally called Odette. This is slowly intensifying.
The Philippines as well as the United States want to know the most recent updates on Tropical Cyclone, Public Storm Warning #1 Sign and its impacts. The entire episode is available below.
An Introduction to Public Storm Warning Signal
Public Storm Warning Signals are used to alert people and raise awareness about upcoming weather disturbances. The signal numbers are assigned to areas according to storm speed, intensity, circulation size, direction and speed, as well as other factors.
Public storm warning signals can be upgraded or downgraded depending on the movement of weather disturbances through PAR (Philippines Area of Responsibility). Let’s first discuss Public Storm Warning #1 Sign.
Public Storm Warning System
The table below shows the warning signs, their lead times and how they can impact the surrounding environment.
|Storm warning signal for the public||Time in hours||Wind speed in KMPH||Wind Effect|
|#1||36||30-60||Light to no damage|
|#2||24||61-120||Medium to light effect|
|#3||18||121-170||Effects medium to high|
|#4||12||171-220||Very high to extremely high damage|
|#5||12||>220||Widespread to very high effect|
Public Storm Warning #1 Sign
- In open sea conditions, winds can reach 30-60 kmph in just 36 hours
- Waves of height between 1.25 and 4.0 meters can be expected.
- It is possible to expect intermittent rains.
- Light to no damage is recommended for high-risk structures.
- Light to moderate damage is recommended for structures with low risk.
- Lightly constructed houses can sustain some damage.
- Banana plants are tipped and the leaves are damaged.
- Broken or damaged small tree twigs
- Rice crops can be severely damaged during the flowering stage.
- It is recommended that people listen to the most recent weather bulletin from PAGASA every six hours.
- A business can still be run, as usual.
Latest News on Warning #1 Sign
Sources say that signal no. 2 was raised due to Odette. After the weather disturbance changed from severe storm to Typhoon at 8 AM, 2 was raised. In its most recent bulletin, the Philippines Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (PAGA) stated that Rai’s sustained winds increased to 120 kmph, up from 110 kmph. The typhoon is expected intensify on December 16th evening.
Sign #1 Warned Areas
- Southern Romblon
- Eastern Samar
- Northern Parts of Zamboanga
- Misamis Oriental
According to our research, a PAGASA warning generally means that tropical cyclones have been in continuous motion. The Public Storm Warning Signal number will be affected by changes in the intensity, size, and direction of cyclones.
Did you find our article on Public Storm Warning #1 Signal helpful? Please leave your comments below. The signal 2 area is located in the eastern parts of Surigao del Norte, Surigao del Sur. We have also analysed the information online and recommend further research. You can find more information here.