Portable Document Format (PDF) is a widely used form of sending electronic information between students and professionals. PDFs are so popular because it is a convenient way of passing documents effortlessly and with pdf to jpg the conviction that your records are preserved.
You may find yourself in a situation where you need to edit a PDF to carry out an operation. So, this article will show you how to edit PDF files on any device.
Different ways of editing a PDF file
It is possible to edit PDF doc using various software and applications. No matter the mobile device or PC you use, you can be sure of being able to edit a PDF file.
You can decide to edit PDF text online using a top PDF editor like Lumin PDF or settle for an offline alternative like Google Docs edit PDF.
Here are reliable means of editing PDF files.
How to edit a PDF document on Mac
Editing operations like filling out and signing a PDF are pretty simple on Mac because of its built-in functionality
You can edit secured PDF on Mac with either the Preview app.
The Preview tool available to Mac users is a free tool that allows them to read and edit PDFs and other files. With Preview, Mac users can highlight text and add a signature, text, and comments on a file.
Follow this simple step below to edit text on PDF with Preview on Mac.
- Drop the cursor where you wish to insert information.
- Select “Annotate” from the “Tools” menu. Select “Text” and enter the information you wish to include in the PDF file.
- Click on “Show Markup Toolbar” from the “View” option.
- Press “A” to change the color, size, and font of the text added to the document.
- You can use the highlighter tool by toggling off or on the icon. When you click on the dropdown menu on the right side of the icon, you can alter the color, underline or strikethrough the highlight.
- If you want to delete the highlights that you added using the Preview tool, control-click the text and select “Remove Highlight.”
After you edit PDF, download the document to your device’s local storage or send it to the cloud (Google Drive or Dropbox).
How to edit a PDF file on Windows
There are numerous programs you can use to edit PDFs available on Windows. Most of these tools come at a cost.
You may rely on third-party software to edit PDFs on a Windows device since it cannot extract pictures as readily as Mac. To edit PDF with your window devices, you can use the latest version of Microsoft edit PDF software.
you can check some digital signature tools online to customize your documents and add your electronic signature easily.
Microsoft Word is one of the easiest and fastest ways of editing your documents. You can follow the steps below to edit PDF document in Word on your Windows device.
- Open Microsoft Word.
- On the top menu bar, choose the file you want to edit.
- Open the PDF file you wish to edit from the document window by selecting “Open”.
- For Microsoft Word to edit PDF to an editable version compatible with Word, a pop-up notification will appear on your screen.
- Click “OK” to make the document editable.
Now, you can proceed to edit PDF document. Once you are done editing your document, go to file and save it in PDF format.
You can also edit PDF file online with your Windows device using an online PDF editor like Lumin PDF. With Lumin document editor, you can perform editing functions like splitting and merging PDF documents.
To edit with Lumin PDF, you need to upload your document(s) to the system. Afterward, you can go on to add or delete unnecessary pages. If you upload multiple files, you can combine them to form or split a document into several documents.
How to edit a PDF file on your phone
Before the introduction of iOS 15, to edit PDF files, iPhone and iPad users had to download a third-party edit PDF app from the AppStore. Other options hinged on having to edit PDF in chrome and other online platforms.
The 2020 launch of the iOS 15 has altered the game, making it possible for iPhone and iPad users to edit PDFs. With this new OS, users can now edit PDF online merge, insert, scan, and delete pages from PDF documents.
To edit PDFs online with your mobile, follow this simple step.
- Open the “Files” application, search for the PDF and open it.
- If you’re using an iPhone, swipe right to get a thumbnail of the page. For iPad users, the view will show on their screen immediately.
- Long-press or double-tap on the page you wish to alter, and the edit menu will pop up.
- You may edit PDF pages from this point, insert blank pages or pages from other documents, scan new pages, and even remove pages from the document’s sequence.
- Users may add blank pages or fill out forms using the Markup tools.
- To save the modifications to the original PDF document, click “Done.”
Why Lumin PDF editor is the best editor
With a program to edit PDF like Lumin PDF, there is no longer any need to go through the stress of back and forth editing to make changes to your document.
For several reasons, Lumin PDF stands out amongst other PDF editors. Using Lumin PDF allows users to connect with teammates on a document.
As an alternative to emailing forms and documents between team members or customers, you may utilize Lumin PDF for real-time collaboration, rapid editing, and faster outcomes for your company.
Lumin PDF allows users to edit PDF online and edit PDF Google Drive. The program eliminates time-wasting and makes collaboration easy.
With Lumin PDF, manual processes like back-and-forth emailing and printing PDF forms become easier. It also provides users with e-signature capabilities and real-time comments on PDF documents.
Many people feel that editing PDF files is a complicated process, especially if they are not privy to laptops and PCs. This article shows that no matter the nature of your device, you can still edit and alter your documents. Using the tips in this article, you will be able to edit your PDF conveniently.