Magic mushrooms and CBD are two of the most popular ingredients of the present time. Both have been used for centuries but lost their glory after modern medicines came to light. But from the past decade, these natural compounds are again taking over the market.
While you might already know about possible CBD and magic mushroom benefits, their mixture might show some more attractive benefits. Let us understand the two products separately and the benefits of mixing them
What is Magic Mushroom?
Psilocybin is a hallucinogenic chemical present in mushrooms found in Canada, South America, Mexico, Europe, and the United States. Dried magic mushrooms are a group of mushrooms that contains Psilocybin in a considerable amount. Here are some things to know about Psilocybin or
- Earlier researchers considered Psilocybin only as a compound used for recreational purposes and gave the feeling of sensory distortion and Euphoria. However, this perception changed slightly after a study on Psilocybin by Johns Hopkins University in 2006.
- In this landmark study, the researchers at Consciousness Research and Johns Hopkins Center for Psychedelic concluded some positive impacts of Psilocybin. They also tried to understand Psilocybin or Magic Mushroom benefits on various medical conditions.
- Researchers believe that Psilocybin activates the serotonin receptors present in the prefrontal cortex, a part of the brain that handles cognition, mood, and perception. This hallucinogen also affects the brain regions that manage panic responses and arousal.
Like LSD, Psilocybin is also on the list of schedule 1 substances. So the Drug Enforcement Administration ( DEA) believes that the compound does not serve any medical purpose and can be abused. The medical bodies do not align on this.
They believe that users might feel panic, hallucination, and anxiety, but Psilocybin is not addictive. In 2020, Oregon legalized Psilocybin in its state and became the first state to do so.
What is CBD?
After its legalization in 2018, CBD has become a pretty popular compound. If you are a sufferer of any chronic condition, such as anxiety or pain, you might have heard people recommending CBD for it. Here are some things to know about it.
- Cannabidiol, popularly known as CBD, is one of the popular cannabinoids present in the Cannabis Sativa Plant. Another famous cannabinoid of the Cannabis Sativa plant that you might know is THC. However, unlike CBD, it has the potential to make you high.
- It does not have psychoactive properties but might offer certain benefits to THC. So, with the drug, you can enjoy the possible therapeutic benefits of it without feeling high.
- A list of research shows some widespread benefits of CBD in various conditions, such as anxiety, Post-traumatic stress disorder, schizophrenia, and addiction. Besides these mental conditions, it might also effectively work in some physical conditions, such as pain during arthritis or inflammation caused by several states.
- You can consume it in various ways, such as oils, tinctures, lotions, creams, edibles ( gummies, shakes, sandwiches, brownies, cookies, etc.), vapes, etc. Each way has its advantages and disadvantages. So, choose your method of consumption wisely.
Your favorite drug is currently federally legal but illegal in some states. So, ensure that you read the legal status of CBD in your state before combining it with Magic mushrooms.
Combining CBD and Magic Mushrooms
So, now you know that CDB and magic mushrooms might offer you several benefits but does combining them make them stronger? Yes, both the compounds have different chemical properties, and combining them helps you enjoy more potent effects.
Here are some of the effects you might expect from combining cannabidiol and Magic Mushrooms
- It Might Improve Your Mood
Mushrooms are adaptogenic, which means they might efficiently uplift your mood. In terms of lowering depression or uplifting mood, Magic mushrooms and CBD give almost the same response or result. You can read the history of Mushrooms to understand more about their uses for uplifting spirits.
On the other hand, it might work as an anxiolytic and antidepressant. It might help to fight mood swings. So, whenever you feel sad or have a mood swing, consuming a combination of CBD and Magic mushroom might make you full of positive thoughts again.
- It Might Boost your Work Performance
People who have earlier consumed the combination of CBD and magic mushroom report a feeling of calmness. This feeling positively affects your work and enhances your productivity. It might offer you better performance at work and home.
At the workplace, you need a high concentration level to wrap up your work. The combination of CBD and Magic mushroom might support you in maintaining that high concentration level. CBD works with the receptors to discard the factors that cause distraction, such as heart rate and pain.
Cannabidiol works with TRPV1 or vanilloid 1 receptors. This receptor is responsible for sensory and perception activities. After their activation by the drug, they calm down your heartbeat, allowing you to focus.
- It Might Boost Your Immunity
Mushrooms are a rich source of Vitamin B, fiber, and protein. They also carry high antioxidants, known to boost the human immune system. These antioxidants fight with the free radicals, preventing damage to cells or tissues.
Some studies also suggest that other possible mushroom benefits could be fighting cancer, avoiding cell DNA damage, and reducing tumor development. Similarly, it also contains antioxidants and carries anti-inflammatory properties.
- It Might Boost Your Mental Health
CBD and Psilocybin might boost the level of dopamine in the brain. This compound is responsible for creating thoughts that we decode as good feelings. When you efficiently combine CBD and Magic mushrooms, you might regulate the results of these thoughts.
The combination might heal the negative experiences of the past and help you feel happy.
- It Might Help Reducing Anxiety
Anxiety is one of the critical factors that affect your social and work life. You might miss several opportunities only because of your anxiety issues. Fortunately, the combination of mushrooms and cannabidiol might also reduce anxiety.
They both are reliable antidepressants. The popular drug might work as an anxiolytic, reducing anxiety and stress among users. If you want to enjoy these benefits, you might mix Magic Mushroom and CBD.
The effects of CBD mixed with Magic mushrooms widely depending on how you consume and use them. You might say that both these compounds complement each other well. If you are drinking it at a limited or controlled amount, you might expect reduced anxiety, boosted immune system, decreased stress, etc.