Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow OTA update is now available for Galaxy Note 4 devices. Samsung Galaxy Note 4 is among the devices that the manufacturer has been rolling out the update to. Samsung is working hard to deploy the TouchWiz Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow software for its high-end smartphones. We have listed various Galaxy Note 4 models in this guide. Find your model number and download the appropriate file to update Galaxy Note 4 with the official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow software.
You may recall that the N910C was the first device to receive the TouchWiz 6.0.1 Marshmallow firmware in the middle European and Asia-Pacific regions. This included countries such as India, Indonesia, Nepal, Pakistan, Indonesia, Russia, etc. The Note 4 N910H can now taste 6.0.1 Marshmallow.
You can download the OTA firmware file from the links below and then flash Odin on your computer. Samsung created Odin specifically for updating their devices. Follow the below guide.
Here’s a list of Galaxy Note 4 models which can be updated to stock firmware.
Samsung Galaxy Note 4
Image credit: cnet.com
This guide contains the official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow OTA firmware. It works with the Galaxy Note 4. This firmware cannot be installed on another device. Before you proceed to the installation guide, make sure to verify the model number on your phone.
AndroidBlog.gs is not responsible for any damage to your Galaxy Note 4 after or during the installation of Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Firmware. You are responsible for your actions.
- You can back up all your settings and data on your Galaxy Note 4 to make sure that you are able to recover your data in the event of an error.
- Verify that the Galaxy note 4 USB Drivers have been properly installed on your computer.
- You can enable USB Debugging Mode for your Galaxy Note 4 by going to Settings > Developer Option > and checking the USB Debugging option.
- After the stock update is installed, any custom ROMs you have on your phone will be deleted.
- The stock version will replace the custom recovery.
- After installing the official firmware, the Galaxy Note 4 will be rooted.
- Before you start the installation guide, make sure your phone is fully charged.
- Download Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Firmware
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910G Link
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910H Link
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910W8 Link
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 SM-910C
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910F Link
- Download Galaxy Note 4 Marshmallow Firmware for US Carriers
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910T Link (T-Mobile Note 4 USA)
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 SM-910P (Sprint Note 4, USA)
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910V Link (Verizon Note 4 USA)
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910R4 Link (N910R4TYU1CPC5 USA)
- Download Galaxy Note 4 Marshmallow for Korean Variants
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910S Link (N910SKSU2DPD6)
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910K Link (N910KKTU2DPD6)
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910L Link (N910LKLU2DPD6)
How to update Samsung Galaxy Note 4 to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
1 – You can download the official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Firmware according to the model number on your computer’s desktop.
2 – After the download has been completed, extract the archived content. Do not unzip the tar.md5 firmware upgrade file.
3 – Power off the Galaxy Note 4 to enter Download Mode.
4 – Next press and hold simultaneously the Power + Volume Down + Home buttons of your Galaxy Note 4.
5 – Launch Odin.exe
6 – Connect Galaxy Note 4 to your computer with its USB data cable. Wait for Odin to recognize the device. The device will be detected if the drivers have been correctly installed.
7 – Click on the AP button in Odin.
8 – Browse the tar.md5 firmware files in Odin.
9 – In Odin flashing software, click on the START button to start the Android 6.0.1 firmware install process.
After the firmware installation has been completed successfully, Odin will display the PASS alert and the Galaxy Note 4 will restart. Disconnect the device.
After installing Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow OTA firmware, the Galaxy Note 4 will take approximately 4 to 5 minutes for it to boot its first time.
You have successfully installed Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow firmware to your Galaxy Note 4.