Smart TVs can store caches just like computers and mobile devices. Your Smart TV’s resources and memory are smaller than your mobile device.
You can easily fill up your storage space with streaming services such as Hulu and Hulu Plus, Amazon Prime, and many other available for Smart TVs. It is a good idea for your device to periodically delete the cache.
Let’s now see how to clear cache from Samsung LG and Apple TVs.
How can I clear my TV’s cache?
Clearing cache files is easiest when you reboot your Smart TV. Use the power socket to turn off your Smart TV. Turn it on again. This will reset your system memory and refresh the device. This will clear all your recently viewed apps and delete any session data.
You can also delete specific applications and caches, depending on your Smart TV settings. To do so,
- Click on the X symbol in the upper-right corner.
- You can hover above your most recent app area.
- Click on the X symbol to exit the application and clear all cache files.
How can I clear the cache on LG Smart TV?
Two of the most popular caches on LG SmartTVs are the App cache and Browser cache. Clearing browser and app caches may be worth it if you experience performance lag even after all the above.
Clear App Cache
Multiple apps may be installed on your device. You might have multiple apps installed on your device, such as Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, or Hulu. These apps can create separate cache files which can eat up storage space. It is impossible to delete all caches at once. App-by-app clearing of caches is possible. To do so,
- Navigate to the Homepage and then to System Setting.
- Select the Application Management option.
- The list of preloaded and installed apps will now be displayed.
- Clear cache for the app that interests you.
- Click on the Clear Cache Link.
Clear Browser Cache
LG Smart TV comes with a web browser that allows you to surf the Internet. Similar to other web browsers, the browser saves browsing history, caches, and cookies. Clear browser cache
- Use the built-in browser.
- Click the menu icon at the upper-right corner.
- Click on the Settings tab.
- To enable private browsing, toggle the toggle
- Scroll down to select Clear Browsing Data.
- To confirm, click OK.
How can I clear the cache on Apple TV?
Apple TV does not have a cache clearing function. This can only be done by uninstalling and then reinstalling apps from Apple TV. This is how it works.
- Open the Options tab on your Apple TV.
- Go to General > Manage Storage.
- To proceed, click on the appropriate application. Click on the Bin icon.
- All data and apps will be deleted.
- To install the app on your Apple TV, go back to the App Store.
How do I clear the cache on my Samsung Smart TV?
These are the steps you need to take to remove your app and browser caches from your Samsung Smart TV.
Clear App Cache
Many Samsung Smart TV owners are worried that their app cache cannot be cleared. Because most Samsung TVs no longer have the setting feature, this is a problem.
You can also clear cache files by uninstalling the app and then reinstalling it on your device. To do so,
- Navigate to Apps icon
- You’ll find it in the upper-right corner.
- Select the app you want to clear the cache.
- Click the button in the drop-down menu. Reinstall option.
If your device is greyed out, you can reset it to factory settings. This will clear your cache and delete any app cache.
Clear Browser Cache
This guide will help you clear your browser cache on Samsung TV.
- Open your Browser Application.
- In the upper-right corner, click the three horizontal lines.
- Select the Settings option.
- Select the Privacy & Security tab from the left panel.
- Select the section at bottom. Click the button to Delete Browsing Data.
How can I clear the cache on Android TV?
If you’re using Android TV, clearing cache files is simple. Here are the steps.
- Next, turn on your Android TV and go to the Settings.
- Scroll down to see a selection of apps
- Click on the application to clear its cache
- Click on Clear Cache Option.
You can clear the data option if your Android TV still has problems.
Clear cache on Android TV Box
How can you free up storage space on your Smart TV
It is one of the most effective ways to free up storage space. If you still have not enough storage, you can do a quick factory restore. This will return you to your default settings.
How can I speed-up my smart TV?
Your Smart TV may not be working properly or running slow due to other factors. These are ways to speed up Smart TVs and prevent them from lagging.
- Your internet router should be near your Smart TV.
- Reinstall any applications that are not in use
- All background applications must be closed.
- For a faster connection, upgrade your Internet Plan
- Deactivate Automatic App Updating
- Always ensure that you are using the latest version of your software
- Factory reset your device