It is much easier to solve a low match rate than you might think.
It’s a lot of fun for people to use Bumble to swipe right on the profiles of others they like. You won’t be matched if someone swipes right on your profile.
Bumble: Causes of no matches
Four reasons are common for Bumble not to match your profile.
- You haven’t filled out your profile correctly. This prevents your profile from being displayed to the most relevant users. Perhaps you have only one or two photos that don’t showcase how amazing you are. This causes your profile to not be enough of a draw for users and leads them to stop looking.
- Your settings don’t work: You can select up to two filters in your settings (free account required) to help you find the best matches. You can also adjust the distance between the profiles that you see and change the location of those profiles.
- Be selective with whom you swipe right on. You might be missing matches because you only see the best profiles.
- You are not a good match for Bumble. Bumble users typically look for serious relationships so if you have a profile that suggests otherwise, it could explain why you’re receiving a lot of passes but no matches.
How to fix a badly filled out profile
The following is a suggestion for someone who was quick to complete their Bumble profile, or one who skipped it entirely:
- Open the Bumble App and tap the Profile icon.. Next, tap the Edit Icon.
- Verify your profile as some users may not be able to view unverified accounts. Tap Verify your Account if it isn’t already.
- Upload a photo of you making a particular hand gesture.
- Upload high quality photos of you and fill all six slots. To add them, tap the + (+ sign).
Take photos of yourself smiling in various settings. Avoid using photos of yourself in group settings, or photos that cover your face (sunglasses and shadows, for example).
- To make your personality stand out, use the Profile Prompts section.
- While you are limited to one profile prompt per session, you can experiment with multiple ones and see if they increase your chances of finding matches.
- Complete your About me, Education and Basic info sections.
How to fix your Bumble Settings
You need to choose the best filters for your profile searches in order for the right profiles to appear for you. To increase your reach, you might want to expand your age range or distance.
- Tap the Settings gear button in the top-left corner of your profile tab.
- Under Filters, tap Set advanced Date/BFF/Bizz filters.
You can also tap Verified Profiles only to ensure that only verified profiles are displayed in your searches.
- Browse through the filters and tap To add this filter to any one you select. Next, choose the filter you want.
- Step four again with another filter
Make sure that the Apply filters toggle is on at the top. You can also apply filters to your search if you have upgraded to BumbleBoost.
- By moving the two yellow markers from the Age scale, you can increase or decrease your age range to suit your needs.
- Move the yellow marker from the Distance scale to adjust the desired distance.
How to fix your Bumble Swiping Habits
You can fix your swiping issues by being less picky and more open to swiping right on to like profiles. You’re only opening the doors to communication by doing this. If the match does not take off, you don’t have to do anything. If you stop communicating, it will eventually end.
You may also be interested in using Bumble SuperSwipes for certain profiles. This can increase your chances for a match. You can also give SuperSwipes to profiles to show that you like them.
How to Fix Being a Bad Fit for Bumble
Bumble users use the platform to make meaningful connections and eventually to commit to a relationship. If you don’t think this is what you are looking for, and your profile shows it, then you might consider one of the best online dating apps.
It might be worth switching to using Tinder because it is very similar to Bumble. Although Tinder is a popular dating app, its users tend to be less casual. Tinder is more popular for hooking up than for serious relationships.