This article will show you how to search Instagram for filters using the Android and iOS mobile apps.
How to Search for Instagram Filters
Instagram filters add special effects to your posts and Instagram stories using Augmented Reality. There are many filters that are already built into the app. But there are many more. Here are some ways to find Instagram filters.
- Open the Instagram app and swipe left through icons to the bottom. Tap the magnifying glasses (Browse effects).
- You can tap one of the filters or swipe through the categories at top of the app. To search by name/keyword tap the magnifying glasses.
- A preview will appear when you tap on a filter. To download the filter, tap Try it or the down Arrow.
- To save the filter, tap OK. To find the new filter, swipe right on the icons in the bottom corner of the screen.
How to Find Instagram Filters By Creator
- Instagram users can upload and create their own filters. Follow these steps to download a filter created by a particular creator:
- Tap the smiley icon above the grid to find the creator’s profile.
- Tap on the filter that you wish to use, then tap Try It. Or tap the down arrow for the filter download.
- Take a photo or make a video using the filter and then share it with friends.
Use Instagram filters to help your friends
You see a cool filter that your friend has used on Instagram and want to use it yourself? Tap the name of the filter at the bottom to open the post. To save the filter, you can tap the down or try it buttons.
You can also send the filter to your friend by opening their camera and tapping the name of the filter at the bottom. Then, tap Send To.